Yes! Perkins loans can be cancelled for full-time service as:
• A teacher in a designated elementary or secondary school serving students from low-income families;
• Special education teacher, including teaching children with disabilities at a public or non-profit elementary or secondary school;
• Qualified professional provider of early interventional services for the disabled;
• Teacher of math, science, foreign languages, bilingual education, or other fields designated as teacher shortage areas;
• Employees of public or non-profit child or family service agencies providing services to high risk children and their families from low-income communities;
• Nurse or medical technician;
• Law enforcement or correctional officer;
• Staff member in the educational component of a head start program;
• Services in AmeriCorp or Peace Corp volunteer, and service in the Armed Forces up to 50% in areas of hostilities or imminent danger.
Are you a teacher that has Perkins student loan problems?
At the Student Loan Law Resolution Center, we handle Perkins student loan problems for teachers and understand the student loan arena. Give us a call today to see if you qualify for a repayment program at 727-828-9955.